Hort Sci Prac
                    Banner
David Wm. Reed - Instructor
Horticulture Forest Science Bldg. room 408
Office: tba, Home: 690-0401 Cell 777-2750
e-mail: dwreed@tamu.edu

Practice Exam is Activated
      Question and Answer Session
      Monday, April 6, 6:00-7:30 PM, Zoom - see link below
      Exam 3 Online
      Tuesday, April 7, Opens 9:00 AM and Closes 3:00 PM
      Go to Course Materials on eCampus

ZOOM HORT 201 Question & Answer Session

When

Mon Apr 6, 2020 6pm – 7:30pm Central Time - Chicago

Where

https://tamu.zoom.us/j/9659400231?pwd=UzBVa0czSE05djROeDEzaHhBMUZJdz09 (map)

Reed, David Wm. is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
NOTICE: You need to use the password HORT 201 to join
Join Zoom Meeting
https://tamu.zoom.us/j/9659400231?pwd=UzBVa0czSE05djROeDEzaHhBMUZJdz09

Meeting ID: 965 940 0231
You will need to use the password that was in the Zoom invitation in the email sent to you.

Update on Lecture Videos and Exams

·        All lecture videos for Exam 3 are posted on the course web site: http://hort201.tamu.edu/LectureVideos/LectureVideos.html

·        A Question and Answer Session is scheduled for April 6, 6:00-7:30 via Zoom.  I will send you the Zoom URL link later.

·        Exam 3 is scheduled for April 7

·        Exam 3 will be administered through eCampus, with the exam accessed under Course Materials.

·        Exam 3 will have time limit of 1 hour 15 minutes, as with in class exams.

·        Change in time of exam availability: 
My original email indicated a time limit of 11:10-12:25.  However, I am concerned that connection and/or location problems may arise that delay your start.

o   New time availability:  The exam will be open 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

o   You will be able to start the exam at any time between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.  From your exact start time, you will have 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete the exam.  eCampus will close your exam exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes after you start.

o   If you take your exam at Student Disability Services and the service is to allow additional time, send me an email right now of your time allowance and I can program eCampus to allow that time limit.

o   The changes should allow you flexibility to arrange an internet or cellular connection through either WiFi or a cellular.

o   If you miss taking the exam during 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, it must be for a documented University acceptable excuse.

o   If you feel that because of your “shelter in place” location you may not be able to get a clear WiFi or cellular signature – you need to let me know right now of that possibility.  Send me an email or text.

Individual Extra Credit Project

The deadline is April 17 to send me via email a pic, digital, video or electronic file of your project.  You are welcome to send it early if you want me to check it for compliance.

Summary of Procedure and Process for the remainder of the semester

ONLINE DELIVERY OF LECTURES

As with all previous lectures, every lecture will be videotaped, and the video will be posted to YouTube.

·        Links to all lectures will be posted on the course web site, hort201.tamu.edu.

·        The videos will be posted, at the latest, by the end of the day that the lecture would be normally given.

·        However, we will post each lecture after each video is made.  So many lecture videos may be posted early to allow you flexibility to review the lectures as best fits your schedule.

EXAM DATES

Original Schedule

Revised Online Schedule

5-Mar

Lecture 1

Lecture 1

10-Mar

Spring Break

Spring Break

12-Mar

Spring Break

Spring Break

17-Mar

Lecture 2

No classes

19-Mar

Lecture 3

No classes

24-Mar

Lecture 4

Lecture 2

26-Mar

Lecture 5

Lecture 3

31-Mar

Lecture 6

Lecture 4

2-Apr

Exam 3

Lecture 5

7-Apr

Lecture 1

Exam 3

9-Apr

Lecture 2

Lecture 1

14-Apr

Lecture 3

Lecture 2

16-Apr

Lecture 4

Lecture 3

21-Apr

Lecture 5

Lecture 4

23-Apr

Exam 4

Exam 4

30-Apr

Final Exam

Final Exam

QUESTION AND ANSWER REVIEW SESSIONS: 
I arrange Zoom meetings the evening before each exam.  You will receive an email invitation with details.

HOW WILL EXAMS BE ADMINISTERED?

Official Notification:

·        Official University notification of all matters is through your Howdy email.

·        I will use your Howdy email to notify you of all matters related to exams.  Make sure you check your Howdy email, or arrange to have your Howdy email sent to your alias.

·        eCampus and Blackboard are the same.  You can download the “Blackboard App” to your phone or tablet.  Make sure notifications are properly turned-on.  Then, you should also receive notifications on your Blackberry App.

Online Exam Delivery through eCampus:

·        Exam 3:
-  Will be administered on April 7 as per the Revised Online Schedule above
Will be at the normal class time limit of 1 hour 15 min
- The exam is available to be taken anytime between 9:00 to 3:00 PM.  1 hour 15 min timer starts when you open the exam.
- 
The exam will be in eCampus under the Course Materials link.

·       All exams will be in an online format where you click on the answer.  Only one selection is allowed per question.  You can go back and change answers. But, once you click on the submit button, your exam will be ended.

·        All exams will be timed by eCampus. If you miss this 9:00 AM to 3:00  PM window, then you miss the exam.  If you start the after 1:45 PM you will have only the remaining time to complete the exam.
Exam 4 and Final Exam:  May be protored and delivered at a different timeline - details TBA

Missed Exams and Excused Absences:

·        As with in-class exams, if you miss this time-period, it must be for a University acceptable absence.  I must be notified as per Student Rules.  See Make-Up Exams on the original syllabus (included in this document).

·       FYI, technical reasons, work, traveling, I forgot, etc.are not a University acceptable excuses detailed in Student Rule 7.2.2.  It is your responsibility to take the exam at a location that has a stable internet connection.  Open access labs may be open on campus, and if so you may be able to take the exam there.  If for any reason you lose internet connection, call my cell (979-777-2750) immediately.

Student Disability Services (SDS):  

·        For students that take their exams at SDS, communicate with SDS and then communicate with me and we will make arrangements that fit your situation.

·        If all you need is more time, then I can offer extended times in eCampus. 

Go to | Hort 202 Lab Home Page | Home | not this rather this

The General Horticulture Home Page was created and is maintained by David Wm. Reed.ÂÂÂ�  Any comments or suggestions should be e-mailed to D.W. Reed at e-mail: dwreed@tamu.edu.ÂÂÂ�  If you use any of the instructional material, please give credit to the source. CopyrightÂÂÂ�  D.W. Reed, TAMU