TRANSFER - light is one of the ways in which energy is transferred.
1) conduction - molecule to molecule
2) convection - mass movement
3) radiation- radiant energy transferred as electromagnetic waves
1) quantity - the intensity or amount of light
2) quality - the wavelength or color of light
- determines the total amount of light energy received
the day length, or length of light in a 24 hour cycle, regardless of quantity.
CAN BE AFFECTED AS FOLLOWS
heat energy is converted to radiant energy as long wavelengths in the infrared
- when radiant energy (such as light) passes through an object unaffected,
or scattered - when radiant energy (such as light) is "bounced
off" an object,
The color of an object is the color (as determined by wavelength) of light that is transmitted or reflected. In other words, your eyes see the color that is not absorbed.