pollination - deposition of pollen on the stigma of the pistil.
ploidy - the number of sets of chromosomes present in the nucleus of the cell.
haploid = 1N = 1 of each chromosomegamete - a haploid (1N) reproductive cell.
- the male gamete is the sperm cell with its 1N nucleus
- the female gamete is the egg cell with its 1N nucleus.
- the union of one male gamete (1N sperm nucleus) and one female gamete
fertilization - union of one male
gamete (1N) with one female gamete (1N) to produce a
- development of an embryo without fertilization; hence, it is not true
parthenocarpy- development of fruit without seeds.
- germination of seeds inside the fruit while still attached to the parent
STAGES OF SEED GERMINATION
b) activation of metabolism - increased respiration and protein synthesis
b) translocation to embryo - sugars move to embryo for growth